What is the Patient's Bill of Rights?
The Patient's Bill of Rights was created to achieve 3 important goals.
1. Help patients feel more confident in the U.S. health care system by:
- Assuring that the health care system is fair and it works to meet patients' needs
- Giving patients a way to address any problems they may have
- Encouraging patients to take an active role in staying or getting healthy
2. Stress the importance of a strong relationship between patients and their health care providers
3. Stress the key role patients play in staying healthy by laying out rights and responsibilities
for all patients and health care providers
Compliments and Concerns
You have the right to a fair, fast, and objective review of any complaint you have against your health plan, doctors, hospitals or other health care personnel. This includes complaints about waiting times, operating hours, the actions of health care personnel, and the adequacy of health care facilities.